For general enquiry services:
• Shrouding overhead lines (apply online)
• Tree trimming near overhead lines (report it online)
• Finding out who an electricity supplier is at your address (find out online)
• Reporting a problem with your electricity equipment service head (report it online)
• Requesting plans showing where underground electricity cables are (request this online)
Please call us on 0800 029 4285. Lines open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
Or send us a message online, we’re on Twitter (@UKPowerNetworks) or Facebook 24 hours a day to answer your questions.
We’re always trying to improve our services for customers. Customers may be asked to take part in a market research survey to help us understand your experience with us.
Is your power off? Read how you can keep up-to-date
We will work hard to keep you informed via:
• Our LIVE power cut map. Use this to see if we're aware of your power cut and when we estimate your power will be back on. If your power cut is not showing on this map then please report your power cut using our online report it form.
• Twitter (@UKPowerNetworks) or Facebook. We are online 24 hours a day to answer your questions.
• Text messages. To register to receive free text message updates please click here and follow the instructions.
• Phone. Call us 24 hours a day on 0800 31 63 105 or 105 from a landline or a mobile.
Need extra support during a power cut
We understand that some people may need extra support during a power cut. If you do, we recommend that you add your details to our Priority Services Register. Find out more about our Priority Services Register and apply.
We welcome all forms of feedback about our staff and services. If you have any compliments, comments or complaints then please contact us:
- Call 0800 028 4587 - free to call from a mobile or a landline phone. Lines open Monday to Friday 8:30-5pm.
- Write to us at: Customer Care, UK Power Network, Fore Hamlet, Ipswich, IP3 8AA
- Complete our online form if you have a complaint
- Complete our feedback form if you have a compliment
Please note we will contact anyone who is entitled to a payment within the next ten days by post.
Terms of connection
When you sign up with your electricity supplier they should have supplied you a copy of the Terms and Conditions that apply for the supply and distribution of electricity. They will have included the following terms of connection to the electricity distribution network which we abide by:
Download the Terms of Connection [pdf]
Our industry regulator, Ofgem, sets Guaranteed Standards. If we fail to meet these Standards, you are entitled to receive a payment.
Our complaints process
We offer a 24-hour Text Relay service for customers who are deaf, hard of hearing or have any other communication difficulties. Using your textphone dial 18001 followed by the telephone number you need. This will connect you to a text relay operator.
If you have a power cut Text Relay 18001 0800 31 63 105
If you need to move or connect electricity cables Text Relay 18001 0800 029 4280
If you have a general enquiry Text Relay 18001 0800 029 4285
If you want to make a complaint Text Relay 18001 0800 028 4587
You can also get in touch with us by completing our online form.
Extra support during a power cut
If you are deaf or hard of hearing we can offer you additional support during a power cut. Find out more and complete the application form.
Let us know what you think about our website and how you think we should improve it here