Reduce my power


The maximum amount of power a property can draw from our network at any one time is known as its Maximum Import Capacity (MIC). MIC is measured in kiloVolt-Amps (kVA). In certain circumstances, customers may want to reduce their MIC because they are using less electricity than the maximum allowed. Doing so allows some customers to save money.

If you would like to reduce your capacity, please email us at

In your email, please include your MPAN (Meter Point Administration Number), your site address and your name. If you are not the bill payer, your email should also include a letter of authority signed and dated by our customer within the last 12 months. 

To learn more, please read our frequently asked questions below. For background, please also view the National Terms of Connection. 

Frequently asked questions

Contact us