Replace a fuse

Your fuse (sometimes called fuse carrier, fuse holder or cut out) may become old and need replacing. We can visit you and offer advice.

Typically customers need this when:

  • A fuse holder is old and worn

  • An electrician has asked for the fuse holder to be inspected

  • There is a leak (dry bitumen leak)

Your fuse may need replacing due to wear and tear

An old electrical set up 

Replaced with a new electrical set up

If you have a damaged or broken fuse holder or if you can see exposed cables, please stay away from the equipment and call us 24 hours a day on 0800 31 63 105 or 105 (free to call from a landline or mobile).
Your fuse delivers power into your home

We own your electrical fuse (sometimes called electricity supply, service head, cut out) and the cables coming into your home so we are trained and can work on this equipment. The electrical cable entering your property is connected to your electrical fuse to ensure the correct amount of power runs safely into your property. The fuse carrier is what holds your main electrical fuse and can sometimes have an outer fuse case. The company you pay your electricity bills to own your electricity meter, then you own the fuse box (sometimes called trip switches) inside your property. 

How long will this take?

We need 10 working days from when we have processed your request to get someone to visit you.

Request a free visit online now
An expert will visit you
If needed, we can visit you again to carry out the work

Common questions

Request now

Complete our quick online form and we will aim to contact you back within three working days.

Log in or register

Do you request this type of work regularly? If so, register or log in to request this work now.

Contact us

Call us

Free to call from a mobile or landline phone. Lines are open Monday - Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm.