ServicesPower CutsHelp

my business

What type of plans and maps do you need when I’m applying for electrical connection work?

If you need a new electricity supply, more power etc then to help us get a price to you, we need some simple plans from you. These help us understand what is involved and get it right first time for you.

How do I get my power turned off urgently?

If you have an emergency to report, please call us as soon as possible on 0800 316 3105.

What is an electrical substation?

A substation reduces electricity voltage so that it is easier and safer to deliver electricity to homes and business.

What are Watts (W), Kilowatts (kW) and Kilovolt Amps (kVA)?

Watts (W), Kilowatts (kW) and Kilovolt Amps (kVA) are all units of electric power.

What’s the difference between you and my electricity supplier?

We own and maintain electricity cables and lines across London, the South East and East of England making sure your lights stay on.

What’s the difference between underground electricity cables and overhead electricity lines?

Electricity is delivered to homes and business through high-voltage underground cables and overhead lines.

What’s the difference between a single-phase or three-phase electricity supply?

Both of these are electricity supplies, it’s the amount of power that is different.A single-phase supply is smaller than a three phase supply meaning you cannot use as much power.

I've got a power cut: is there a problem with my electricity meter?

If you have got no power there might be a problem with your electricity meter.

Page 1 of 1
  • « Previous
  • Next »